PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2011, 20:38
cavertop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More pay for less work is a definate attraction for anyone
That's true, but is more pay for the same work so a definite plus . With Bristow crewing problems, giving less pay for more work because the company wants to always crew with too few people and under-resource to increase profit, do you think this is safe? Where is your much vaunted Target Zero?

I wonder who would have paid for your PilotTraining if there hadn't been a "BristowCloneCompany" to do it for you???.
I guess you never heard the self-improver route then . Bristow is to be very much commended for its sponsored cadets scheme and Caverton has certainly taken some of them, but realises the true worth by not just the paying of a fair salary, but offers the same work roster for national as for expartriate. My dad started me on my training, but I helped out by working to support myself during my training - did you? Who paid for your training - rich daddy or a military? For you maybe the rajah days were too good, but not so good for the nationals who were only ever to be allowed to have limited goals in the Nigerian part of international company. Captain Oni broke that mold, but now has to toe the line of the puppeteers in Houston

Good luck also with your company, but you need to look to the future, wake up and smell the coffee. Unless Bristow face the new reality its future is not to carry on expanding, but to become a bit-player. This country is still suffering from years of previous military rule, our democracy is fragile, but give us time. we are changing, we have always had people with brains, but middle class is emerging. We have a lot to learn, but we will take charge of our own destiny as we slowly grow up. It is Bristow who need to wake up to the changing face of Nigeria. CHC never did and see what happen to them and the company they nearly ruined? Aero is not really a Phoenix as i said, the company you see now is not renewed, it is new, taking charge of its destiny. It will surely make many mistakes, but it and Caverton are the new face of aviation in Nigeria.

Maybe you have a disregard for Martin Luther-King, but he was a man who won the Nobel prize and changed the lives of many people profoundly. Would you be happy if all the major companies in your country were foreign and Nigerian, sending much of their profit back to Nigeria and offering better pay and conditions to Nigerians than to its indigenes? I welcome foreigners in my country, but want to see everybody offered the same pay for the same work. Can you say that is the case in your company?