PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zero to Hero information & advice
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2011, 15:53
iDiveDeep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah seems to have come full circle.

I looked at CTC straight off the bat, was accepted into Phase 2 a couple of months ago but had to postpone until next month due to being in Thailand. Obviously I understand being accepted into this phase and getting through is different but im confident I should pass the tests and interviews.

Like I said cost isnt the issue, obtaining the best chance for employment and at the best possible employer I can is. I dont have unlimited funds but i would like to find out how i might self fund 500hrs on type and how much it is for comparison.

It was the fact on completion of the integrated course I would come out with low hours and no TR which for the same money I could come out with significantly more through modular training and that there isnt any solid documentation on the nature of the contract between FTOs and airlines only that they have a relationship and will look at cadets produced by the FTO.

Also, someone here may be able to confirm this, i saw it posted in another thread...the CTC price quoted doesnt include the foundation course which is apparently another 10k GBP or so?

Btw, i noticed this on CTCs website:
Of particular interest to those interested in a career as a British Airways pilot, will be the fact that British Airways is prepared to provide the necessary guarantee to enable an applicant to secure a bank loan for the funding required, together with a conditional offer of a contract of employment to successful candidates.
Does this mean you need to apply for the BA FPP first? The window for this year closed a couple of weeks ago Any news/ideas when they may start accepting applications again?

Cheers!