PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A 2nd Officer's tenure in Cathay Pacific
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2011, 04:28
broadband circuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They'll love you

would love to join CX...
And that's exactly what they're banking on. They're trying to ride on their reputation. However, they've reduced the package so much, that you'll never be able to advance financially. You'll spend 8 - 10 years minimum trying to micro manage your expenditure to avoid going backwards.

Before you profess your love, maybe you should have a good look at the package on offer. You've already declared that you're an Indian living in Manila, so I say this to you: Don't assess the package by converting it into Pesos or Rupees, and then rush in because the numbers are bigger than anything you've ever seen (trust me they will be). Try to assess the package in terms of HK$, from the perspective of a HK cost of living (food - expensive, education - expensive, real estate - expensive beyond your wildest dreams!)

And take the advice of the people living here now. One of the big sellers for the CX package was the housing allowance (see my note above, about real estate prices). That's gone. You'll be on the total local package.

Approach this with your eyes open, and research the facts.