PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 26th Oct 2011, 03:40
jibba_jabba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QR just announced that the A320 is going to yet another "Cream Spot" This time in Libya. I have been offered a PIC slot on this Machine, but it seems like life on the A320 is not much to brag about besides having to live in the Sandbox.
Coming from the left seat of the 744 and other Heavy Machines, QR told me that the A320 is the aircraft they need people on right now as a lot of guys recently quit. So this is what they offer.
I have asked in previous posts if someone (PIC's) on the A320 could enlighten us on how quality of life is on this machine but so far Nothing.
So far what I can gather is 90 Flight Hours a month and 160 Non-Payable Duty Hours approximately, max 8 days at home and max 3 in a row. Some European destinations, but don't get to fly there often, and not many layovers.
(correct me if I am wrong)

I am asking....is a PIC position on the A320 at QR better than a PIC job on the B737NG in Asia ?

Anyone please?

D-Wind
actually a public answer to D-winds questions would be great!
Seems like its a good gig (QR) but still needs to compete financially with EK! Still, it is slightly better than airlines in Oz, except possibly virgin?
I am waiting for the confirmation email, I assume I will be on the 320 as a f/o, as it seems they are very short in this area. I am mainly going for the experience, and hopefully wont get worked to death, but its looking like thats what is going to happen on the 320? Any current 320 roster would be great and news on the training slots and time from fast track s/o to f/o.

Also if you take company accom, do you still get the allowance?