PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reasons not to apply for emirates airlines
Old 26th Oct 2011, 02:36
ekpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Make the best of it.

Thexman I have to agree with what you've written. Most of us are stuck here. It's just a job. When I go to work it makes me smile to hear all the reasons people express to self comfort themselves. Everybody I work with is "Happy". We all have to work to feed our families. No choice. The work environment is difficult and not improving. At the end of the day everybody is here for themselves and don't really care about others. That's one face of the expat world. You have to make the best out of it. Sadly I'm seeing many people struggling more and more around me. I can feel the frustration every day around me. Some blame the Middle East. Others blame EK. But overall It is a new world reality. It's tough out there.

I think it will even get worst. They have put the bar so high. They are proud of how many airplanes they have and profits they make. Unfortunately you can't put all the blame on Emirates. After all the success of Emirates is based on a model of globalization. All about image, low costs and big margins. Many people are proud of it. In a way, you have to give them credit. It still pays salaries and feed 50000+ people. We can't deny this fact. It's everywhere these days and not just here at EK. Everybody is tightly competing to have a piece of the pie. The new world reality. You have to work, not because you like it but because you have to. Hope they can pay me more and give me more bonuses because i work hard and i think i deserve it. That's all I can hope for because i'm greedy

In the mean time, keep discovering