PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2011, 23:43
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CX-A330, Battle Star and fly_boy:

I rest my case!

Brisdude is your perfect example of a guy who seems to have the balls to tell it how it is, from a point of view of actually doing it (the reason I wrote "MOST" iCadets and not all). But, the rose-coloured glass wearers will disregard it of course.

fly_boy: EVERY question you have asked has been answered in COMPLETE depth so. Even still, you seem to seek the information from a RUMOUR NETWORK!!! From your questions you haven't even bothered to telephone CX for the precise answers and get the FACTS! And how would I know?? Because did the exact same thing to get the REAL FACTS and didn't rely on hear-say, opinion and least of all a rumour network. What are you missing in your calculations (again, ALL been written before) is the LONG TERM affects of potential wife, kids, single income supporting a new family), unforeseen circumstances, savings to work towards the 30% deposit required for a place to buy, what if you NEED to leave CX and HK within 5-10 years, retirement.... You WILL NOT retire comfortably. All precise facts and precise figures have been done on this thread and others many, many times. Your housing allowance is not even factored to CPI so that $10k is worth less and less every year. By the time you get that illustrious $36k it'll be worth the same but probably less than the original $10k you received. You have done little to no research but for "my friend told me" and asking the tiresome same questions that have been repeated so many, many times on a rumour network that will affect the rest of your life.

boat:
I'm just plain "wrong"? And on what do you base this argument? The "Sticks and stones" principle or the "nah nah nah-nah nah" principle??

What? It is OK and shows integrity to undermine the industry?
It is smart to ignore FACTS, figures and opinions of those with direct knowledge & experience of HK & CX, the job, lifestyle and future? Of those with international (widebody) airline experience?
The fact that little things like study for a (f)ATPL is viewed as too difficult for you to be bothered to do in order to interview for a job?
The fact that there is no way the likes of you & most other iCadets would not be in any position to even hope to interview for CX had the standards not been lowered so very, very much?