PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2011, 22:23
flyboy_nz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyboy is your perfect example. Whilst he'll get all offended, he's asked the same damn questions that have been posted a few hundred times on this and the other threads:- to which very in depth answers have been given. There lies your professionalism standards and true determination to research facts.....
None taken. Although, it seems you haven't read my post or just breezed through it and arrived to the conclusion that here comes another starry eyed dreamer. I have done my own research and was hoping someone could confirm the figures. I have used external sources to calculate the costs. The previous posts mostly talk about the high prices in rent (renting the entire flat is expensive so probably the not the best idea). So, from what it seems, on the 45k salary, it is manageable. I have budgeted for 500HKD a day on food and travelling, excluding rent. The arguments in the previous posts have been that the salary is not enough for icadets due to the living costs in HK. So, what am I missing in my calculations?

My second query is; do the cadets get paid who are in the transition pool during training? What about the ones who are in Adelaide for 30 weeks? Is accommodation provided in Adelaide? The previous posts say that FTA in Adelaide provide food and accommodation and CX give the cadets $100 per week for allowance. This was in a 2009 post. Is it still the same?

I realise I won't be logging any or minimal hours as a SO. But my plan is to join CX and end up retiring with them. So there is no question of leaving.