PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 25th Oct 2011, 21:52
EMS R22

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Granny I'm hearing ya!! I just don't see the hunger and passion in these young guys that you need to succeed in this industry!

We looking for ground crew at the moment and it amazes me the attitude of these fresh CPL's !!!

Had 3 or 4 guys call up about the job , told them what job initials and told them no flying to begin with . Both our other low time ground crew are ferrying turbines around and there will be this for the new bloke too BUT not one of them has come down to have an interview and boss even offered to pay their fuel !!!

Seems to me that if they dont get a flying job they are not interested , really gets me wound up as back when I got my CPL ( and most other guys I knew ) traveled around the country , sleep in my car sold every thing I owned just to get a start .....sweeping hangers and surprise , surprise it led to flying.

If you have to ask yourself if its worth getting back into flying, the answer is no.