PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 25th Oct 2011, 21:26
Granny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smudge I didn't intend to insult you,-
I also didn't post the question about fasting Glucose levels on Rotorheads forum that was posted on the health forum where Doctors answers questions and where incidently you will be able to find out about the CAA requirements for reading glasses.
It wasn't your post I was refering to,it was no-fly zones, it seems ironic that a pilot has to ask on the net wether or not it is worth getting back into flying!
Shouldn't he be the one asking himself that question?, and if he was serious about his chosen career path and had worked for years to realise his dream of becoming a helicopter pilot the answer would be obvious. Young guys getting into the industry in NZ do get jobs and get themselves ahead and progress but they need to make it happen, sitting back wondering and hopeing someone will answer that for them dosen't install a great deal of confidence in me.
I have noticed a great decline in new commercial pilots attitudes to getting out and finding the first break since the introduction of student loans-where one day they decide to become helicopter pilot,get the money handed to them gain a CPL and wonder 'What happens now?-where has the keenness and passion gone. If I was employing the first question I would ask is what path did you take to get your licence?. Don't get me wrong if someone was throwing money around when I trained I would have grabbed it with both hands but there needs to be a hunger and passion and drive and to me it seems alot of new pilots lack this, I blame it on easy money.

Last edited by Granny; 26th Oct 2011 at 02:40.