PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sentinel Relocates to GDC
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2011, 20:24
Lima Juliet

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts
LJ,

Is this what the young uns call; “a Wah”?

See the big metal birds with one engine? They are called “single engine aeroplanes”.

See the bigger metal birds with two engines? They are called “multi engine aeroplanes”.

See where I’m going with this?

Anyway, my advice stands. Do some legwork yourself and find out exactly what it can actually do with “just a SAR/GMTI capability"….(don’t take anyone’s word for it).
Prop-Ed

Seeing as I was the lead for Reaper and some other ISTAR assets until 11 days ago (when I retired), I would be very interested to hear your definition of "multi faceted". In fact, I also ran ASTOR (before it changed to Sentinel) for the FLC in late 2009/early 2010 for ~4 months, so I believe I know a fair bit about the program and its foibles.

Now Reaper, with SAR/GMTI (with a comprehensive software suite to manipulate the collect), EO/IR, GBU-12, AGM-114, BLOS+LOS comms and other payloads is what I would call "multi-faceted"!

So do enlighten us, old bean. You seem quick to rubbish comments but slow (despite prompting) to come up with tangible facts to back up your bold expressions.

LJ

Last edited by Lima Juliet; 25th Oct 2011 at 20:52.