PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Common misunderstandings B737
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2011, 20:09
framer

Received 482 Likes on 130 Posts
Find it quite amusing that this thread is entitled "Common Misunderstandings" and yet you cannot agree amongst yourselves!

Maybe it would be better to title it "Training system fails to get the correct message across?"
Maybe. Thing is though, when you start a thread you never know who is going to contribute and whether they will be constructive or contankerous The main thing is that some interesting discussion points come up, people read them, people think, less experienced pilots learn.

so you might feel better being propped up by a checklist if you feel it's a big deal.
Interesting choice of words. It leaves no doubt about how you view the abilities of someone who chooses to use the sups in that situation.

Personally I use the sups, I know the system and when I was flying out of an 1800m strip daily I used to do it by memory but now that I do it about once a year I use the sups. It might take three seconds longer, thats all, and it is not an indicator of how well you know the system at all.