PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2011, 19:15
TTex600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aerobat77, and everyone else for that matter. I am not willing to place blame for this accident on any single person. I can't even speak to the training provided by AF,

With that said, I'm leaning toward blaming airline managements for shortchanging the pilots in training. I absolutely know that my carrier's management used the "a monkey can fly this thing" so we can put a 200 hour pilot in it logic. On the other hand, I've seen some of the training given/knowledge required by USAirways and United Airlines and I believe that their training departments were very thorough.

If this accident does nothing more than force the business side of the office to fund more training, we will all be better off. I spent countless hours droning along in a simulator flying non-precision approaches when I transitioned from DC9's, but never trained for UAS until after this accident.

This forum has been a far better training class than my GS. Thanks to everyone.

BTW, the training dept at my carrier - Spirit - is completely different from when I went through. It's yet to be determined if the new guys will be more thorough.