PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Saudi/Kuwait payscales
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2002, 23:27
katpad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roger_Ovarir and Double Hush offer much more honesty than you will get from BWoS. I also had the unforgettable experience of teaching the unteachable and working under direction of the grown-up spoilt brats that we buy our oil from but I now look at what I enjoy with the money they paid me and conclude that it was the way to go.

Whilst my experience ended happily, the pain along the way was a major problem and resulted in a lot of my friends leaving earlier than they had planned. The Company is the (politically incorrect) ****** in the woodpile out there. They have sold the Saudis their products and their workforce and they continue to allow their customer to deny to their workers their basic human rights. Almost any time you exercise your integrity and ask for Company support you will end up with a stark choice – give up or get out. For some people that is too much at any price. If you are happy being a lacky to people with zero ability and integrity (and that includes the Company management), go for it but make sure that they pay you as much as you can squeeze out of them and do not sign their contract until you have made sure that they are offering you at least as much as the person you are replacing – including any fringe benefits.

What is it worth to you to lose your freedom and live in an open prison? If your mother was dying and the Colonel refused to sign your exit visa how would you feel – it happened to me last New Year’s Eve. Think about it.