PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2011, 10:03
LandIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jcjeant:
So the BEA accepts this situation and therefore also agrees that this event happens again with the risks that entails
jcjeant:
Remind that BEA (the experts) analyse the accidents and release conclusions and recommendations for improve safety when necessary.
So it seems that the discussion about SS is moot
Maybe that is rather premature judgement on BEA, because they released preliminary findings, not their final report and recommendations yet. Lots of us are eager to see some concrete results and improvements to various things that we believe we can see are blindingly obviously in need of changing and improving.

Unfortunately, don't we have to wait for the process to slowly and methodically grind its way to a formal conclusion? The BEA "human factors" study seems to indicate them recognising and addressing significant CRM issues. I thought it significant that they thought perhaps cockpit video be made available.

Will we ever know what instrument indications PF had at all stages of the last 4 minutes? Hopefully in their report they'll fully address the equipment and operational issues exhaustively as well.

I hope AF have already learnt lessons and applied better procedures. I hope other airlines have also (there seem to be a lot of A330 customers in scope).

I'm eager for the A330 to be a safer tube to fly in asap (and any A3xx) and so have expections on Airbus itself but I guess formality requires a patience it is sometimes difficult to exercise at this stage of an investigation. For me, I guess I will still step aboard an A330 of almost all airlines (and did so recently, enjoyed it).