PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2011, 09:02
Roger-Wilco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"only pilots that have completed a bonded system through APL will have access to BA as a low-hour cadet."

I thought the OAA scheme is bonded through APL also??

"This means that CTC Wings pilots (you) can have access to BA’s FPP subject to your performance in training and the airline’s recruitment requirements should you wish to consider a career in the airline."

Um - this is talking about access to join the FPP (if required)...the FPP INCLUDES training...so it is referring to hopping over from your self-sponsored training to their training (JOC & type rating course)..

I think once you complete you self-sponsored training, you are in the same boat as everyone else....If BA took direct-entry cadets I fail to see them being contractually obliged to take them from CTC.

they are merely referring to 'topping up' the FPP cadets - not 'access' into BA after training. CTC are being sly. I dont believe BA would let themselves get dictated to as to where they get their pilots. Are you saying if Willie Walsh's grandson went to FTE, he wouldnt be sucked up into the airline upon graduation?