PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training College, Ireland (Merged 2011)
Old 25th Oct 2011, 01:47
Nearly There

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cant comment at all on PTC, but the above post by Enji should be ignored.

Enji can I ask what did you expect from an open evening at a business looking for customers?

And a mention of this forum as well. "Don't believe what you read over on pprune...".
In fairness there is some rubbish posted on here...

Following a discussion of finances and paying for the course, a question of "What are your chances of becoming a pilot if you don't have the £75 000(?) to hand?". That was met by, "None. Unless you can borrow from your parents or get then to remortgage their house".
Is there another way for you? maybe work for a few years and save?

Hard times indeed. I'd say anyone who has signed up with them and who will pay that sort of money for their course has definitely been sucked in by the 'glamour' of their presentation. A few nice looking videos followed by a spiel of how great the place is to stay with cheap restaurants down the road etc
If the presentation had been poor would you be happier? and the rest is irrelevant, come back when you comment on the quality of the flight training, but then we go back to the point earlier, if you fluff it you will post negative comments on pprune....dont believe all you read on here was it?

Again not connected with the school, I know folk who have trained there and are flying commercially if that helps further with your research.