PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training College, Ireland (Merged 2011)
Old 24th Oct 2011, 23:53
Enji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should add that when I attended an open night a few months ago, they came across extremely desperate.

I brought a friend along with me. As we were sitting in the waiting room, before the thing even had started, he was asked to follow someone to a computer so they could take his details.

Then at the end of the night, that was followed up by stuff along the lines of, "tell your friends about this because if I don't get enough students then I'll lose my job".

And a mention of this forum as well. "Don't believe what you read over on pprune...".

Following a discussion of finances and paying for the course, a question of "What are your chances of becoming a pilot if you don't have the £75 000(?) to hand?". That was met by, "None. Unless you can borrow from your parents or get then to remortgage their house".

Hard times indeed. I'd say anyone who has signed up with them and who will pay that sort of money for their course has definitely been sucked in by the 'glamour' of their presentation. A few nice looking videos followed by a spiel of how great the place is to stay with cheap restaurants down the road etc. One young guy who was probably in his teens, with his parents, sucked in so much that he asked if he would be able to drive while he was out there training as well as what options he has if he was going out, etc. Cringeworthy at best.

Though I guess if they can get at least one individual to sign up after any open night then they've done their job well.