PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Contract agency rants and Kudos, Vietman, Korean, Asiana, Rishworth
Old 24th Oct 2011, 11:41
USMCProbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the other side of my previous negative post, the "other" big agency I am quite happy with. They are not perfect, but they are professional, the contract is a plain language document not really favoring any single side, and I have seen them, at this job and my last (VAC) take really good care of the pilots they represent.
Case in point. At my current job, 3 of us were given a very bad "deal". 2 quit and one was fired, for mostly the same reason. I was the first to quit. I am still here for 1 reason, and one reason only: Parc understands Asia, and how to negotiate here. The other two pilots, one was with Rishworth, and the other Wasinc. Nothing against Wasinc as I haven't heard any "ripoff" stories that are rampant about Rishworth. But Parc saved my job, saved a "foreign pilot" for my airline, and, Parc's contract fee. The real winner, believe it or not, was the Chinese airline. They spend 80k-150k US on each of us before we ever fly as a Captain.
The owner of Wasinc, and their local rep, gave me a lot of good info when I first got to China, and I don't work for them. They are probably the most knowledgable about foreign pilot jobs here. They don't provide the same level of service here that Parc does, but I don't personally have any bad thing to say about them, and, in fact, thank them for the good info and advice.

Cheers