PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA SRG Helicopter Seminar
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2002, 16:12
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fly in?
It's probaly worth it from where you're based, but anyone closer might want to check Farnborough's charges first ...........

I flew a Gazelle in to a meeting at the AAIB last year and was charged £58.75 for landing and 'handling'.
'Handling' includes being driven 40 yards from the parking area to the Ops building - but not to the other side of the airfield (where I suspect the Seminar will be held). They call an outside taxi service to drive out to the airfield to take you there - at your expense.
In fairness, I should point out that I whinged so much that they eventually, and extremely reluctantly, agreed to drive me over - but stressed this was a one-off concession which was against the rules etc etc etc and I'd have to make my own arrangements for getting back!
The lady driving the minibus explained they don't want to encourage 'small aircraft'. I thought of pointing out I haven't got a Chinook rating (or access to a Chinook for that matter) but as I didn't want to risk being dumped in the middle of nowhere, decided a non-committal "Ah,ha" was wiser.