PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mark Whitaker Campaign for AAPMBF Trustee
Old 24th Oct 2011, 00:37
Mark Whitaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
* On Friday afternoon 21st October, I had an email from the Office of the AAPMBF advising that my profile to be included with the ballot paper was over 170 words and must be changed and submitted by COB 24th October. I will not repeat the email as I have done from the Chairman as the Administrator is an employee and under the direction of the Trustees.

My profile as I have just submitted and will appear with the ballot paper is as follows:

I nominate myself for the position of Trustee of the Australian Air Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund.

I believe in the Fund being transparent, communicative and continuing the professional ethic of a fund run by Pilots for Pilots. I believe all voting should be “on-line” and profiles posted on the AAPMBF Website with no restrictions.

My full reasons for seeking a position on the Board of Trustees are on the websites Pprune and pirep.

In May 2011, the Chairman advised that I go to the Ombudsman who can legally only force the AAPMBF to pay me a maximum of $280,000 regardless of what is owed and I will have no recourse to sue for the remainder.

I believe the Trustees intend to force every Capital Claim to the Ombudsman to limit the benefit paid to members at $280,000 regardless of the Nominated Capital Benefit for which members are paying coverage.

If elected to the Board of Trustees, I will not be discussing my claim with the Board.

Regards

Mark Whitaker