PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying the Buccaneer
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2002, 15:04
Big G.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr BEagle.

I was very interested to read your reply to this topic, and wanted to say thanks for sharing your experience with me.

I am not a military aviator, and was a young lad when the Buccaneer was gracing our skies. My interest in the topic is more by chance than intention.

My father recently told me about a BBC TV series he had purchased on video called "Sailor". I had not heard of the series, and had infact been 4yrs old when it was first broadcast. To my delight I sat and watched the entire series with a sense of pride and sadness.

My pride was watching the Buccaneers being thrown off one end of the ship and slamming back onto the other. The skill and quiet professionalism of those pilots was breathtaking. If they had been American they would have surely told everyone how great they were!! I also understand a little of the sadness felt by all those who flew from a pitching deck. Why are we so good at destroying what makes this country great?

I appreciate that I may have drifted from the thread slightly, but just wanted to say that I am now fan of the Bucanneer and those who flew her.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, one very impressed young man.

Regards
Big G.