PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scottish Independence
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2011, 15:30
Just This Once...

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
I guess I must be the only one who thought he came across as open and transparent, a trait sadly lacking in many contemporary politicians. He answered many questions, including military goals and the economic plan for Scotland.

The economic plan, no doubt, will link to the military one. He outlined that Scotland will take on its % of the national debt, which was generous of him, whilst outlining that all the economic resource in the sea we share with a number of countries would belong to Scotland. He pointed out that the trillions Scotland would have in that resource area would dwarf their inherited debts. He also tried to looked slightly saddened that the debt left for the rest of the UK would look particularly painful given the sudden loss of trillions from the North Sea. Against this plan his need for an armed forces to protect Scotland never looked so earnest or urgently needed.

His only flaw was his Blofeld-like propensity to monologue over his master plan, presuming the rest of the UK is strapped to the laser table. Perhaps he is confident that the native Scots who have sworn allegiance to the Crown will successfully undermine the UK Armed Forces before the inevitable war between Scotland and the rest of the UK. Perhaps he also intends to claim the nuclear deterrent after all to level the playing field at the time where he takes all the assets he wants in his master plan to plunge the UK into the crisis he seeks.

Still, we have not had a war of national survival for a while and I understand subjugating the Scots can be rather fun. I've picked out my bit of Scotland that I will claim as my own once the conflict is over; tended to by the shackled locals of course.