PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATCO early retirement..have you taken it? How was it for you?
Old 22nd Oct 2011, 22:48
401167H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I left at age 51 with an ATSA VR offer. I also took an early pension option, cleared my debts, paid off my house, and decided never to work for anybody else ever again. And like DC10, I'm not worried about how much more I may have had if I had stayed on to the bitter end. Regrets? - none whatsoever! No up-at-stupid o'clock; no office politics; no work induced stress; no worrying about annual leave, sick time off work, w&nker management etc etc etc - lovely jubbly!

Its easier than you may think to adjust your lifestyle and spending requirements to a lower monthly income if you really want to, but you have to be 100% comfortable that it'll work for you.

I've yet to meet anybody who has taken early retirement from any walk of life and later regretted their decision. It was always an ambition of mine to try and achieve an early retirement date without it being down to poor health or going to prison and I am pleased (and grateful!) that this is one particular ambition that has now been fulfilled.