PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Show Accident 1983/1984
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2011, 20:00
no-ones_princess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Show Accident 1983/1984

To cut a story that could become verbose as short as I can I was at a formal function over a week ago and was placed beside an RAF dinosaur whom was telling me of an Aircraft Accident on the way to an Air show that happened in August September 1983/1984. Due to a few too many aperitifs and more fizzy stuff than is ladylike I am vague on the particulars of the accident and would not like to expand on the little I remembered for fear of offending someone, I did not want to interrogate him at the time as I suspected it could become an emotional subject (it had got to that time of night)

My curiosity was sparked because I have heard many stories of crashes from the old and the bold but this one had nothing that identified it as one I had heard of before.

I have used Google and I am unable to find any record of this crash if anyone could point me in the direction of information I would be grateful as I would prefer to believe that the ’old boy’ is not going out of his mind when I see him in a few weeks time.