PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADF fixed card - Troubles...
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2011, 14:12
Enzo_flt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ADF fixed card - Troubles...

Hey guys,

after the atpl, i went to Montpellier (south of France) to do my cpl & ir-me.

i started few weeks ago with the ir and now i'm flying on a single engine to do all the base of the ir (vor, adf, holding, vor app, ils app and so on) and then i'll switch to the multi.

i didnt have any trouble on sim (fnpt2) with the adf because it was with a movable card but on the single engine aircraft, we've an adf with a fixed card and no briefing on it...

i understood that to find your qdm (well, france habits...), you have to add your mag hdg + relative bearing.
so if i'm on hdg 270 and the adf shows (with the north up) 330 it means that: 360-330=30°, 270-30=240, i'm on qdm 240.
so far, i think it's right, huh ?

but in flight, my cfi asks me for e.g...we're on qdm 210, bring me to the qdm 260...
so as i learned, qdm are increasing, so i'll turn to the left, 30° left on my actual hdg so 210-30=180°, so i'll fly on 180.
The question is: what bearing should I have on my ADF fixed card to know when i'll be on the qdm 260 ?
i'd like just the method because my cfi is confusing me when he explained me

the same about the QDR.

you are on QDR 310 and you wanna go to the QDR 280.
QDR 310 => 280 : The QDR are decreasing, i leave the station on my left so i'll turn on my left now (because it is QDR), 30° of my final wanted QDR, so 280. 280 - 30 = 250°
i'll then turn to the 250° on my di in order to intercept.
but after that, I'm lost to know what bearing should i have when i'll be on my QDR 280.

one more thing, do you use that ( adf - hebergeur d'image - Casimages.com - ) to add or substract what is written on the adf to your mag hdg ? or you always add (according to the formula)

thank you guys for ur help if you can make it clear for me

enzo

Last edited by Enzo_flt; 22nd Oct 2011 at 15:07.