PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Solution on Offer
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2011, 12:52
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So how can the unions fight? In all honestly I believe this is a no win situation the way it is being fought. I have said it all along and will say it again - BUY THE COMPANY.
This is a fight with no winners. Both sides are going to come out badly bruised and battered while the name QANTAS becomes a festering mess that no one will go within cooee of.

Qantas will NEVER be able to compete with Emirates. This is not QF's fault.
Qantas must compete by offering a better route network and yes maybe joint ventures are the way to go WITHOUT killing off Australian jobs
QANTAS is reducing its own network (both internationally and domestically) to make way for JQ. I haven't seen a QF ad on TV or the paper in a long time advertising its services and networks with the choir singing in the background. The only ads QF have are full page advertisements in the paper bashing the "rogue unions", building a stronger QANTAS etc etc. Meanwhile JQ has TV advertisements and newspaper advertisements. I've even noticed lately on the side of JQ aircraft that the wording "A QANTAS Group Airline" down the side has been replaced by "All day, every day, low fares".

Even JQ is ridding itself of the QANTAS name.

Wake up. I have been preaching this for ages and I wonder if Qantas employees really believe in Qantas and are as passionate as they pretend.
I am advocating investment, not donation.
Employees believe in QANTAS gone by. Not so much the current QF. It's been many years of constant conflict with the management undermining its own staff and keeping them under constant threat. Everyone is tired and just want to get on with what they're employed to do. No matter who you talk to, it is the same topic of discussion and everyone is just fed up.

Anyway, if all employees were to take up arms and buy an allotted amount of shares, who would be appointed as the management team to run QF? I could imagine the fighting over who is going to take control. Will it be the pilots? Engineers? Cabin crew? Cleaners? Check-in? Would it be a rotating term of managment?

It all sounds great, but I have seen how people within a crew carry on with one another. Imagine it at an upper level like running the company.