PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Solution on Offer
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2011, 12:31
1a sound asleep

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BUY THE COMPANY.

I posted this earlier.

So how can the unions fight? In all honestly I believe this is a no win situation the way it is being fought. I have said it all along and will say it again - BUY THE COMPANY.

Qantas has about 33,000 employees. Market Cap ($M):3,364 Equiv. Shares (M): 2,265. Share price Average $1.50.

Through the union, set up a super fund which invests in qantas, and redirect other super funds into Qantas shares. The entire value of Qantas equates to $101,000 per employee. I know many employees that would be capable of buying that level of shares.

With redirected superannuation I calculate that approximately $30,000 per employee and we would have control of the company.

AS for SQ and EK. Different animals. SQ competes on service. EK competes because (a) it pays the majority of its staff absolutely peanuts in Dubai Pesos under some of the worst non-union protection (b) EK buys a lot of its fuel and a substantially lower price (c) EK has low interest Government funding/loans (d) IT pays no tax (including income tax/GST/Carbon Tax/payroll tax). Reality is EK is a glossed up LCC. Sat in a EK 777 with 10 across seating?

Qantas will NEVER be able to compete with Emirates. This is not QF's fault.
Qantas must compete by offering a better route network and yes maybe joint ventures are the way to go WITHOUT killing off Australian jobs

Unless everybody buys some Qantas shares (AND TAKES CONTROL) this rott at the top will continue to fester. Each and every Qantas employee could use margin loans to buy $30,000 of QAN shares. This would mean a cash investment of $9000 per head, on average. (Loans available at 70% of share price) With redirection of super funds into QAN shares we would take control

Wake up. I have been preaching this for ages and I wonder if Qantas employees really believe in Qantas and are as passionate as they pretend.
I am advocating investment, not donation. This is a tax effective, deductible investment that will save Qantas and ultimately be a profit making excercise