PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I need a flying 707. Seriously.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2011, 07:41
WHBM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by stepwilk
The U.S.NBC TV show "Pan Am" called and asked if I could help them find a flying 707 for use in the U. S. to pretend to be flying into Port au Prince. They'll find an airport somewhere in the U. S. that can stand in for Haiti, but they need the airplane at FRG, on Long Island, by the end of next week. (That's how television works...)
Maybe it's about time that television grew up then, and discovered proper planning and organisation, just like any other industry (and PARTICULARLY aviation) would do for any activity.

No, John Travolta's airplane won't work, they've already looked into that; it's too highly modified to be a stand-in for a 1960s airliner.
This makes me think that they are looking for interior shots of the cabin as much as externals - JT's 707 is as much pure 1960s externally as anything you will find, and even us lot would accept it, or maybe they said they were going to repaint one side in Pan Am colours and JT wouldn't do it (neither would I if fortunate enough to own one ), or his contractural arrangement with Qantas for the livery precludes it.