PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irish Helicopters Ltd
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2011, 04:32
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IHL's 'D' model was an intriguing anomaly. It would be interesting though to hear from anyone who drove her while in IHL's service. What, pray tell, are 'fish transfer' operations?

What they should have done is take BYV over to Denis de Ferranti's estate because, as with our fellow PPRuNer, he was very much a 500 fan and may well have added the craft to his collection.

My godfather told me that Denis had a warehouse in Ireland filled with classic motorcycles. I would love to have seen that!

Another prospective IHL anomaly (although doubtless less of an anomaly) were their Alouette II's:

SA318 Alouette II G-AWFL (Date and location unknown but c. 1970's) (Photo: Martin Cooke)

Awful (G-AWFL) seems to have started-out with Heli-Union UK then jointly to 'Dean Aviation' and BEAS before being exported to Eire in January '71.

But Awful wasn't the only AlII in the IHL stable. There was the SE313B G-BANR which was registered with BEAS in January '73 and then exported to Eire in June '74. BANR of course, after her Irish tour, went on to become TRC's G-FILM.