PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2011, 22:30
FoxtrotCharlie7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there, good night to all!
What I have just read is that Cathay Pacific cadet program is not as easy and promising as it looks. I am interested as I am single, 25 years old, almost finishing a degree in Law in Spain. Here everything is crap. When you want a first time job they tell you: 1000 € a month (if possible), workshift 40 hour a week (eventhough those 40's go all they way up to at least, 10 to 20 hours more, UNPAID ) and of course, a looooong wait to get a better salary.
Then I find CP. Then I said: lets check at pprune. A-5, sunk ! Last 3 pages of valuable information , though this info is really disappointing. 5 years to upgrade to FO ??? So, if I get the chance and taking a very big guess, I enter CP at 27, finish course at 29, fly SO for 5 years, so it takes me to 34-35 to be FO ??? My god ! How about flying for another company then...?

Any piece of more detailed wisdom will be appreciated

EDIT: also, another question. When you are SO, what happens with flown hours? Do they count? If they do, do they count and are useable in case you would like to fly for another airline in the future?

Cheers

Last edited by FoxtrotCharlie7; 21st Oct 2011 at 23:49.