PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew
Thread: BA Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2011, 20:15
SpringHeeledJack

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
However some CC have displayed a precious or even a prima donna attitude.
I would have to concur. I used to be somewhat of a roadwarrior and fly constantly with many different airlines, although mainly with the 'biggies' on each continent. Generally speaking each airline had a personality and I know that generalisations are crass, but it seemed to hold true on the majority of flights that I took . The American legacy carriers were much of a muchness, friendly, homely and welcoming and in Europe, Lufthansa were efficient, but somewhat cold, Swissair efficient and a bit warmer, Alitalia chaotic, but charming, Air France (well, Francais ) KLM, SAS, Warm in a quirky way, Iberia simple and uncomplicated and BA.....Efficient, reliable and yet there was a pervading 'personality' somewhat akin to the assistants in luxury clothes/shoe shops whereby they take on the airs of grandeur. It seemed to dissipate the further forward in the cabin one was domiciled As to whether this attitude was caused by company conditioning or to do with the British personality and it's abhorrence towards serving others (unlike professional servers in many European countries) I cannot say. I have been very low maintenance as a passenger and have always been courteous and polite, yet have experience said attitude on many BA flights. I do remember during the BA strike in 2009 ? taking a longhaul flight to South America and the outbound flight was staffed with volunteers. It was so relaxed and enjoyable as to have stayed in the memory, yet the return 3 weeks later was back in the old rhythm of agitated diva who was being bothered by any passenger request (and that was just me ) It's not the easiest of jobs being a long haul steward/ess, bad air, many diverse passengers, jet lag and so on, but as long as that's the chosen path, then a helpful service orientated attitude and credo would help.

SHJ