PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 21st Oct 2011, 19:55
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi 100.

I was not asking for a normal Joe to respond, I was asking a "Hero" to answer. The type that reads what others post, rolls it around, appoints himself Ace Bogie, and tries to come off as somehow superior to our PF here, 447.

You are a fresh air type, and I have commented on your reasonableness, so, yeah, I am for real, and my question stands......

One thing. You say we will never know what the PF's intentions may have been re: the climb. You suggest we will train around these guesses.

You say only the dead pilot will ever know why he pitched up. I disagree, and I am disappointed with your readiness to accept this "finality".

The stick traces are enough for you? Hmm.

Let's say the a/c has a chronic desire to PITCH DOWN, and roll to the right. Let's say that after the climb established, it kept trying to drop the NOSE. Without knowing the a/c attitude, each "recovery" would repeat his initial one, and each one incrementally raise the PITCH. BTW, the final flight path shows just such a predilection.

His side was not recorded. Was he seeing.......what? And why did he not ask PNF re: the other screens? In the conversation, I get that the PNF DID have better data, but that he assumed the position of scold, or ad hoc teacher.

This does not go down a treat with a Frenchman, and it may be that this deal can be put down to petulance as well as other things. Your sound judgment is plain in your response, I am a little surprised you have closed the book.