PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First time thread, bright eyed 18 year old. Anybody care to chime in?
Old 21st Oct 2011, 10:04
MrAviate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it may be out of date, but nonetheless I still appreciate any and all info RedSnail
Before I embark on my journey, I was thinking of getting a bartenders certification/training, Forklift license, Light Rigid license and a first aid certificate. I'm thinking that having these certifications on me would not only make me more employable by tourist companies/charter companies, but it's also something I wanted to do just for my own personal growth; I love to learn new things. Do you think these cert's are a good idea?

Something else that worries me... being born Zimbabwean, I'm brown skinned, however I speak perfect English. 3rd in my graduating class and because I don't speak my native tongue, over the years I've developed what described as an American/British accent. I have faced racism in Aus before and I'm concerned that it will hold my career back, if people are prejudiced and ignorant. In your opninion, do you believe this kind of mindset is still prevalent in places like Kununurra, Darwin, Perth, Melbourne, Mount Isa, Kimberly, etc?