PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 21st Oct 2011, 07:08
HundredPercentPlease

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Lyman/Bearfoil,

Are you for real?

You asked what a normal joe would do in this situation. As an Airbus pilot I thought I'd grace you with this information, and gave you a simple list of what I would do. I made no reference to the AF accident in that list.

But your imagination gets the better of you, and you conjured up stuff in your mind.

Wouldn't you have the FMA in scan, even on autoflight? I would, along with anything else that I may need
Yes, but when you have an FMA change in the Airbus, you should read it out. It's important to dwell on FMA changes, as many errors have occurred when both pilots are not fully aware of those changes. It's SOP.

Or do you persist, as the others, in taking at non face the meager data and urban innuendo promoted by BEA?
What?

And, by the way, how are you certain the crew didn't do that?
I have no idea what the crew did, you just asked what I would do.

what level of septic cockpit will you accept for a setting of the stage for being so seemingly unprepared as if a rank amateur?
Hello?

Except: PF Did NOT climb like a madman, the a/c did,
As others have said, he pulled back and the aircraft pitched up. I consider that to be the fundamental error. Maintaining cruise pitch and thrust would have been a much better option.

you claim it was his intention?
I made no claims.

You are Houdini, redux?

He WAS trying for wings level, and it is likely he was dealing with some damage, as the a/c had a ND, RollRight bias, clearly.

There was NO BUSS, and losing 10,000 through the weather might not have been wise. If intended, imo.

The picture we have is built on information that is incomplete, cherry picked, and released with bias.

I stand ready to accept a true and complete picture, and frankly, I bet you do too.
I have asked numerous seneca to sidestick FOs what the pitch is in the cruise, and the majority have no idea at all, not even enough of a clue to make a guess. All, though, can recite the various UAS (low level) recovery drills.

Only the dead pilot knew why he pitched up. We will only ever be able to guess, and subsequently train around all those guesses.