PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting the real Qantas story to mainstream media
Old 21st Oct 2011, 06:55
adsyj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JST

Thank you for posting. I find the usual comments made on this board commenting on how inept the media are when reporting most aviation incidents quite tedious as well.

HOWEVER with regard to the current IR dispute all areas of the media are grossly lacking in any form of journalism. There is a huge story unfolding and the media seems intent on only regurgitating what is fed to them by management. If any journalist in any area of the media took the time to investigate any of the claims made on this board alone you may find yourself with the story of your life.

What we as a group are most disappointed about is the lack of balanced reporting, Why doesn't a journalist pick up the phone talk to Steve Purvinas or Captain Woodward at AIPA. Listen to what they have to say. Don't take it on face value but investigate and write a story that informs the public. Is that not journalism???

I am absolutely convinced that if a reporter took the time to dig into this dispute and report his or her findings I think the public would quickly side with Qantas staff.

JST pick up the ball and run with it I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.