PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas jet baggage door opens inflight?
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2011, 04:59
ohallen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
David I am not sure about that and if it does exist I suspect it is a result of the Rat spin.

Do we know for a fact that staff are overpaid? There seems to be major doubt that they are paid $170k as alleged by AJ or someone. The truth is that no one knows the truth because the Rat is spinning and the union doesn't seem to want to put out a clear and concise response in a way that some "alleged " staff do on this site.

Then we need to go back to the cause if it does exist. There is a legitimate EBA process that both management and union have participated in and agreed an outcome for many years. Now it seems that the Rat has said hold on...you guys are paid too much and we wont budge an inch (as in 15% over three years plus job security issues).

Surely there must be some room for compromise here because all parties are here because of what they have previously agreed and now the Rat says no more we are going offshore and to hell with you guys.

The Rat places no value on its safety record and has shown that it has advanced its ethos from "safety at any cost" to "safety at an affordable cost".

They have also redefined what a safety issue is and I suspect that will only be when there is a smoking hole and it wont be the current excess who have to explain that one because they will be gone with their greedy bonus driven culture.

I understand both sides but until the Rat agrees to go to the table and both sides stop the swinging dick syndrome, nothing is going to be sorted.The outcome of that is the rat is gone overseas, a lot of people will lose their jobs and customers will abandon the brand because their brand differentiation is gone.

Then again I could be wrong yet again.