PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting the real Qantas story to mainstream media
Old 21st Oct 2011, 04:59
Jonny Suave Trousers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a professional in main stream media I have to tell you your views are and I'm sorry to be blunt, utter BS.

We of course monitor this site but some of you make it hard when a lot of what is written is vitriolic and referring to media people as "scumbags" that are in the pockets of (insert name of right wing organisation here) doesn't help!

'Mainstream media' is just that, mainstream. If you know, you're not getting airtime, did you ever consider that your cause is maybe quite boring to the mainstream and not really newsworthy?

The Union movement have been fighting and negotiating with big business since Jesus was a boy, people in the main tend to tune out and rate it as boring.

Now I'm not saying I agree with the way Qantas is handling things, I think it's actually pretty ordinary, but my opinion doesn't matter, at the end of the day we have to sell papers and to do that you have to be mainstream.

On a parting note, most media people are left leaning, we don't have meetings with big brother to decide what to write to 'influence' the masses, lol. The ABC on the other hand...