PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2011, 22:12
infrequentflyer789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CONF iture
The families should mobilize now or accept to be served a part only of the story, the part with the 'deficient' crew ...
Aircraft deficiencies are already in the current reports and recommendations, including the pitots and the lack of AOA indicator. We may see more in future reports on the a/c, and I think more on systemic training and procedural deficiencies. Not just about the crew.

I know what will be told if I crash my AB.
If it happens to you, and I sincerely hope it does not, then there is abundant evidence on here that it wasn't due to lack of knowledge (or desire for that knowledge) of your a/c. [Edit: and that isn't intended as a criticism of this crew, in case it reads that way]. And I would hope you would get a fair hearing based on the facts, and that we all learn and improve. The goal should not be to assign fault or blame, but to understand why. Sadly, there are plenty of places in the world much worse than France for getting that to happen, even when a bus is involved.

One other thing. Anything we build that's as complex as an a/c has flaws. All of them are flawed in some way, and always will be. Even if we might disagree from a design perspective on where those flaws are, I'd far far rather be flown by someone like you who is actually interested in researching and understanding where his machine is or may be flawed, versus a pilot who thinks it is perfect and looks no further than the minimum training. If you are stuck flying a plane you don't actually like (or even actively dislike), then I'm sorry for that (but no design will please everyone), on a routine day you'll be the less happy pilot, but if things go wrong you might well be the better pilot as a result.

Last edited by infrequentflyer789; 20th Oct 2011 at 22:22.