PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlantic Airlines (aka West Atlantic) B737-300 (G-JMCL)
Old 20th Oct 2011, 20:45
Shockwave83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would just like to say thanks UK019, eagerbeaver1 and 2port for your thoughts and advice. Definitely gives me something to think about. I would never think of giving up (as disheartening as it gets!) flying still continues to be my dream and I'll chase it until the day the doctor no longer signs a class 1 medical!

Piloto2011 whilst I don't know anyone personally that has self sponsored just so they could pose for a photo opportunity on a well known social networking site I can believe it! However I can assure you that is most certainly not why I did it! I (like many others I'm sure) was opposed to taking such a gamble when I first got my licence. However as the years pass with seemingly no light at the end of the tunnel things grind you down and you realise that you can either sit on the sidelines and watch the years pass you by or you can go and do all that's available to change the situation, I figured enough years of keeping my powder dry had past and it was time to take the plunge - some would call me a fool who is degrading the t's and c's etc and that's their opinion and that's ok (hell I can understand it and even agree with it but in 40yrs I'd rather look back and say I was a fool who tried rather than a the guy who never took a chance and never made it). Also just for the record I didn't wear a fancy dress pilots uniform on my base check and you won't find any mention / photos of the day on any social networking sites .