PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your husband will never be promoted if you wear trousers
Old 20th Oct 2011, 20:29
BEagle

Received 279 Likes on 113 Posts
Another rogue who loved to bounce people was spotted a year or so later. Being somewhat dull, he'd forgotten that he was flying the only Chipmunk in red-and-white paintwork in the south of the UK - and it didn't take long to identify the guilty party....

However, the new CFI had a much better idea. "All those who were on the first wave, report back here at 1700!".

So we had a nail-biting day wondering which particular bit of villainy had been spotted - and all behaved like angels for the rest of the day...

Come 1700, it was a simple "I don't care who started it and I know who at least one of you was - all the other aircraft are grey and day-glo. Don't do it again - and certainly don't get caught. Right, you all owe me a beer!"....

Worst 'wife of' I ever encountered was known as 'OC 44'; her husband was 'the bloke who sits in Wally's chair whilst she runs the squadron'. 3 of us lived out and often had a spare room - the wife* of a 44 Sqn chum was a bit nervous of being at home alone when hubby was away on a Ranger, so would often ask to come to stay with us (and would do the washing up!). All completely innocent and above board. One morning the phone went and it was the infamous 'Mrs OC44' asking to speak with our chum's wife. Nosy old boot - she obviously thought Something Was Up. Unfortunately it was a bit short notice to think up an emergency spoof (such as "Wake up, darling, there's some woman on the phone for you!"), so I just told her that the wife of said chum had probably left for work half an hour earlier (which she had). Then asked whether there was any message or what for her. Mrs OC44 stumbled and mumbled - it was obvious what'd been on her suspicious mind.... Of course we shared the story with as many people at Scampton and Waddo as we could, much to the amusement of both the husband and Mrs OC44's husband!

*One of the delightfully curvaceous twins, for those who remember those days!