PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baltic Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2011, 17:40
Sirijus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On what stage of your course are you now? How do you evaluate the process and your progress? Where are you from? Thx 20th Oct 2011 19:51
Hey. I am in the first year and we have just started the ground school, still on the first subject (Principles of Flight). Though I have not started fully yet because I was late doing my payment - the CBT has not arrived as a result. But others say that it is quite hard and they do get exhausted at the end of the day. But progress is clear looking from the side and the knowledge is building up (as you might expect of course). I haven't been to all the lectures as I don't have the CBT yet (will receive it next week, a lot of catching up may I say), but the one's I've been to were definitely interesting and informative - the instructors are flying pilots so they've got plenty of stories to share, and they do. Most of them are able to explain you in English (well, the whole course is done in the language), Lithuanian as well as Russian, so when somebody doesn't understand, they might get help in a language more comfortable for them.

A disadvantage I can see - the course might be a little bit too long for an integrated compared to western academies, that's because of our local weather - when we can't fly, we just can't. But we'll see what happens, BAA has plans on buying more new aircraft so maybe we will use the good weather we've got in the highest potential.

By the way there is an Ukrainian guy (you're from there if I'm correct?) studying ATPL Integrated, maybe he could tell you more. PM me for his e-mail.

Happy to help