PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baltic Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2011, 16:51
Sirijus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello guys,

I might be able to answer a few questions about the academy and correct a few mistakes.

It started trainings in about ~1992 for then Lithuanian Airlines' pilots. In ~2006-7 the company separated from the airline and became Flylal Training. A few years ago the name was changed to BAA, that's why you might think it's there for a very short time.

The academy has got it's own A320 and B737CL simulators and a Fire Fighting trainer, there are plans for further expansion - this only proves that you don't pay to get the academy out of bancruptcy, you pay to get your service.

The main reason why the prices are not that high - Lithuanian salaries. For comparision, Lithuanian salaries are something like 4 times lower than British salaries. That is because the living expenses are much lower too.

About the Line Training - I have never asked about anybody who received that, but I know that Small Planet Airlines (which is in the same business group as BAA) is hiring pilots for their bases in Poland, Lithuania, Italy on the B737 and A320, some of whom will be/are pilots with little experience.

For those who are interested but not have heard about BAA - visit the site. Also the Marketing Department has made some nice videos and put them on youtube and facebook.

For your information, I do work there as well as study ATPL integrated. As a student I can tell that everything has been good for me - we are taken care of. But as I am an employee as well, it would not be politically correct if I told you any more good things about the academy.

If that helps - I am not paid for posting here, nor am I paid for an attracted student or anything that is associated to posting here. That is the job for the Sales Department, my job is unbelievably unrelated.

EDIT: About the 777-400 thingy - probably a simple IT team mistake, that will be corrected, thank you!

Good luck!