PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow Prestwick may be sold - Ryanair cuts - passenger decline
Old 20th Oct 2011, 15:31
Leatherman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Mr. negative inaccurate

Actually as a regular user, I am a friend of EGPK and hope it prospers with or without FR and Infratil. I am pleased that it is so very very busy as you describe so accurately. I assume with your runway name you must be airport staff or ops. Like that runway probably hardly involved.
I am so pleased that SAR remains.
I would miss the arrival queues at border control, where you can look out on the rusting scaffolding with the thistles growing high there. What a picture of Scotland. The travel agents in the terminal; where I have never seen even one customer sitting. The closed shops in there . The Elvis bar and eatery where no one goes. Elvis sadly left the airport long ago.The charming security persons they must get off the brew. The coffee shop that closes more often than not. "Precious Little " of Matt Lucas / come fly with me, would love to work there!
But on the plus side the x77 express bus to Glasgow city has free wi-fi now!
As for my inaccuracies ,I can only go by people I know working in those hangars. Phased c checks are not heavy visits. That is why they are phased isn't it? So maybe a little nearer the truth than you suggest.
Still you seem to be the fountain of all PIK knowledge so I bow to that.
One thing I can't stand though is the pure dead brilliant thing. I know Ayrshire people hate that. Why on earth did they ever go for that?

Last edited by Leatherman; 20th Oct 2011 at 15:50.