PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2011, 13:21
Mad-Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off, Dan_buster, how do you mean "informing you guys objectively"? What are your tangible supporting evidence for what you are trying to say on here? I think up to this point, a lot of things presented by individuals such as you on here are subjective in nature.

Secondly, ASH, I think most people here can appreciate your help to some extent. However, the truth of the matter is, everyone should still do their own due diligence. I think anyone who comes to a board such as this to make a life changing decision and takes the advice of anyone without doing their own research (ie personally talk to HR etc) should be labeled as dumb.

Third, in case if anyone forgets, we are in probably one of the worst financial mess since the great depression! High unemployment in Europe and US, now they are saying Asia/China, your target markets, will be affected! I am sure there are tons of young men and women who are in need of a job right now. It doesn’t matter how bad a package is, it is better than being unemployed, living at home and bumming off of your parents at 25. Also, if you think the package given to current iCadets are so bad, how do you think the other guy, who took out $100,000 in student loans to learn how to fly from no hours to a CPL and is now flight instructing, making poverty level feels? Hey, not only do you live poorly, you have a mountain of debt to pay back… Great!! What about the other dude who is now flying commuters making $20-25K and “hot racking” with his buddies as they can only afford a one bedroom apt in San Francisco when three or four of them get together? How about the airlines that are gracious enough to let low time pilots sit in the right seat for a “measly” sum of up to $50,000 with no guaranteed job once they complete the 500 hour "program"? Is that better than the iCadet package???

Lastly, to all the pilots and iCadets of Cathay. If things are so bad there, if the management and pay is so bad, you do know where the door is right???