PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 20th Oct 2011, 13:05
TTex600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dozy
I'll give you that if you can tell me at what point the aircraft and it's systems did *anything* other than what the men at the controls told it to do.
Did the pilots order the autopilot disconnect? Did they order the Autothrust disconnect? Did they order the THS full nose up?

This is the Rumours & News, "final crew conversation" thread. Let's talk about the crew actions in that light. Why the airplane did what it did is over in the Tech Log section.

You will say that the pilot ordered full THS nose up. I'll say that he obviously did not understand what his control inputs were accomplishing, but that he thought his actions correct.

I'm participating in this because I want to ensure it doesn't happen to ME or one of my friends. IOW, I'm trying to learn from the deceased crews mistakes, not trying to attack nor defend the aircraft.

Rest assured that at least one Airbus pilot, that would be me, is flying today with far more knowledge of the airplane thanks to you and this forum. With that I'm off to commit aviation.