PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX Resignations
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2011, 12:59
Thatschecked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got to say that it is a worrying time for Rex. More so than the previous 'mass exodus'

For anyone considering the cadetship I would say go for it! Barely two years in the right hand seat of the Saab and you'll be a prime candidate for the likes of Cathay, Hong Kong Express or Qatar.

It is now the cadets that are leading the charge out of the company and on to greener pastures.

Why after two years as an FO would they consider yet another two years at least to complete picus for an opportunity in the left hand seat as one of the poorest paid regional airline captains in Australia?

The cadets that have left recently to the above mentioned airlines are only the tip of the iceberg.

ATPL classes around the country are at the moment full of Rex cadets clambering to get their exams done, not so they can start two years of 'PICUS', but so they can send off their applications.

History will show that Rex have done many things right in the last ten years.

History will also show that Rex stumbled and failed in it biggest opportunity and that was the missed chance of forging closer ties with Virgin by becoming their regional arm. In years to come it will be interesting to hear the details of exactly how this chance was missed...

I fear this will be their eventual downfall.

Squeezed now between Qantalink and a Virgin turboprop operation, the latter which, has and will continue to deplete the already thinned ranks of experienced pilots from Rex by offering vastly better conditions.

It is a shame, as I have said before, a good company that has the potential to be a great company, yet seems to do everything it can to discourage the retainment and recruitment of quality, experienced staff.

Last edited by Thatschecked; 20th Oct 2011 at 13:50.