PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting the real Qantas story to mainstream media
Old 20th Oct 2011, 06:32
denabol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My advice would be to start using social and on-line media far more than you do, because most share traders and for that matter anyone under around 40 is getting their news on a continually updated basis on a smart phone or a tablet.

Bill Sweetman on defence on Aviation Week is read far more than he is in the hard copy magazine if the claims that group makes for its on-line and print outlets are taken as correct. I think sites like Crikey and Business Spectator where Sandilands gets hosted have more clout in investment circles and public administration that a newspaper written one afternoon and not delivered until the next day.

The advice to circulate links to stories you think are important by Twitter or Facebook is spot on. There was an interview about using social media on ABC TV last night or maybe two days ago. I think this is a fight that has to be fought with the latest media weapons, not in the dying traditional media of newspapers.