PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Hours: How many before you feel safe from long term unemployment
Old 20th Oct 2011, 02:54
imnotwhoyouthinkiam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^I'm sorry to say Dominican but I find that a bit disrespectful in nature to people who have earned that kind of experience and are so close to retirement. In the case of guys at that age who have been flying jets for 20+ years I too would expect to be offered jobs rather than have to compete for one. And in most cases such senior pilots are offered jobs, the interview is a formality. Any airline that treats their senior pilots with an attitude such as yours, i.e. screw you, you still have to prove your worth, simply isn't worth working for.
I can understand if the pilot in question is competing with other pilots to get in, but where in the ME and South Asia do senior pilots at that age have to compete? I'm sure most airlines are dying for that kind of experience. There's only a finite number of experienced pilots in the world and the reality is that its a sellers market right now and it should be the airlines prerogative to sell themselves to such pilots not the other way around. Its what they deserve after being **** on most of their lives in this industry.