PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 19th Oct 2011, 22:42
deefer dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First, I am NOT a FBW pilot, and my experience is limited to DC9's and more lately to non FBW corporate types, (mostly glass). Please feel free to shoot me down as one of the non informed on this thread, but I have often wondered about the following;

Is it possible in the A340, or any FBW type, for the crew to revert, at any time of their choosing, to conventional control of the aircraft? By that I mean, can they take over manual control (albeit by wires) of pitch, roll, yaw and thrust whenever they wish, and without any interference from computers?

On another more simplistic note, why would the computer logic of the A340 CANCEL a stall warning when the AoA had exceeded a certain value above that of the trigger point? The type I fly commences stick shake at a given value, and is then followed by stick push. NEITHER are cancelled until the AoA is reduced to less than a level that triggered the appropriate warning. Pray, what is the logic in this, when on the other hand a similar (albeit opposing) warning, such as overspeed, is permitted to continue forever?