PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow Prestwick may be sold - Ryanair cuts - passenger decline
Old 19th Oct 2011, 18:00
PIK3141

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think we should worry about the closure of PIK just because Leatherman posts negatively and inaccurately. The accuracy of his original post has been pretty well challenged. For the ''military don't use it often'' then this year we have had often repeated visits, often multiple visits, from the Afgan AF, Algerian AF, Algerian Navy, R Canadian AF, French AF, German Navy, Indian AF, Russian AF, Spanish AF, British Army, RN, RAF, USAF, US Navy, US Army and US Marines. Some transits, some training, some based, some onloads, some offloads, some charters !! plus airliners trooping. ''Private use is minimal'' will be why we have three not two handling agents and more light aircraft based than ever. I see 747s about every day, today Air France and World. The freight side boosted by AN12s, AN124s, IL76s and today even a couple of Metroliners. All underscores SOE's statement that there is more to PIK than the terminal and Ryanair. Plus now maintenance from Ryanair and BA, the latter not doing 'A' checks, but what they are doing is their business. Then there's crew trainers, Easyjet all day in recent days, and increasingly the RAF now they have fewer places to go. Plus those I've forgotten. So, with Ryanair unlikely to go anywhere, especially with today's news, PIK is not closed yet. To start a recovery, re-instatement of the Ryanair Stansted flight should be the absolute number 1 priority, PIK. That loss is a substantial loss to the local community, and badly needs redress, PIK.